Software Consultants, Inc. (SCI) is a Maryland-based small-business federal contracting firm with a focus on helping government agencies implement their most critical IT initiatives. SCI is headquartered in Vienna VA, and has office locations in Rockville MD, Vienna VA, and Alexandria VA. SCI is a SEI/CMMI ML 3 and ISO 9001:2008 registered company. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including Paid Time-Off, 401K, medical/dental/short-term & long-term disability insurance for all full-time employees.
Server Administrator Level II (Linux)
- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade process of Applications developed by different development groups and teams
- Implement COTS installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- Install and configure systems, custom and third-party software packages
- Translate development team requirements into Application/System configuration
- Coordinate tasks between Development teams and the Systems team
- Constantly evaluate and improve current processes or design and implement new processes to meet business needs
- Use their Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems
- LINUX/Solaris Administration
- Strong scripting skills in any one of languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java and/or shell scripting. Must be able to write self-contained scripts that can easily be plugged into automation tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Tomcat and Apache web Server administration (Deployment, Troubleshooting). Must have hands-on experience configuring Virtual hosts under Apache.
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Application Deployment - Java,Standalone Custom Apps, COTS Products
- Maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems
- Version Control Software Setup, Administration, Configuration (GIT, Subversion, CVS)
- BigIP F5 Loadbalancing Software or other Global and Local Traffic Management Appliances
- Experience Integrating/Configuring Coldfusion, Tomcat (any Java Application Server)
- Necessary to participate in a 7/24/365 on-call rotation
- Must be able to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours