The Service Delivery Engineer is responsible for working with existing and potential Flexential customers to assist in developing solutions for their Cloud, Colocation, Managed Services, and Professional Service business needs. This includes performing Quarterly Business Reviews, serving as a technical resource, and acting as a trusted adviser to Flexential customers. This group works in a team environment, with both regional and remote resources, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of Flexential services. The Service Delivery Engineer is an expert in operating systems, firewall and switch topologies, hosting environments and requisite best practices. This position acts as an escalation point for support requests that exceed the abilities of other members of the team and provides guidance to Operations personnel in the planning and execution of customer projects that are within Flexential's scope of services.
- Passionate technologist that has a handle on operating systems, networks, and cloud technologies
- Lifelong learner, someone that will take advantage of our education programs and enjoys talking tech
- Three to five plus years equivalent IT experience, or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline with 2 years equivalent IT experience
- Any of the following certifications are preferred: VCA, VCP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE
- Very strong customer service skills, extremely high attention to detail, aggressive trouble-shooting skills, and strong decision-making is critical to this position
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail, making and keeping commitments and meeting deadlines
- Other training and experience may be substituted for the job requirements at the discretion of the manager
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical review of proposed design and architecture primarily in the cloud and network spaces
- Assist in development of collaborative plan for mutual success of customer and Flexential
- Support the validity and definition of customer requirements and associated Statement of Work
- Assess platform alignment to customer business goals/outcomes
- Collaborate with customer on QBR expectations
- Lead the technical discussion with the customer during the QBR
- Provide analysis of customer technical environment
- Recommend additional/other services that better align to customer goals and desired outcomes
- Follow up with the customer, partners, & Flexential staff on action items from the QBR
- Transition opportunities to sales resources for follow up
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the technologies that support the customer’s environment
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of solutions that meet the customer’s current and future needs
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate to both the technical and management teams in an effective manner
- Provide thought leadership to customers in technology and technical solutions
- Proactively communicate with customers to ensure timely issue resolution
- Develop Methods of Procedure for repeatable and complex customer service requests
- Document requirements and create projects plans for peer review
- Assist with installation and configuration of Flexential services
- Actively work assigned provisioning tasks to ensure timely delivery of services
- Actively work assigned engagements and track time for billable projects
- Assist Provisioning Coordinator with technical implementation plan
- Engage with Provisioning Coordinator to identify and escalate any obstacles
- Attend product training sessions and disseminate information
- Work in a team setting to enhance group and individual product knowledge
- Share best practices via contribution to provisioning and delivery documentation
- Train internal staff on latest Flexential offerings and products
- Maintain in-depth technical knowledge of Flexential's service offerings
- Participate in rotating on-call responsibilities for customer support requests
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Investing in our people, we have an exciting opportunity for Service Delivery Engineer to join our team!
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.