Title: Service Desk Specialist I
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Service Desk Specialist is GENERALLY SKILLED in all areas of the front-line IT customer support.
Provides first level Service Desk support to STERIS employees for end user problems and requests. Provides remote computer support to USA and Global facility and home based users. Uses problem recognition, research, isolation and resolutions steps to diagnose hardware, software and business application problems. Performs wireless device support. Monitors and responds to problems assigned in a ticketing system recording conversations and troubleshooting in detail. Assists with training customers on desktop applications, software, and hardware platforms. Escalates problems to appropriate I.T. resources when needed. Participates in on-call rotation of Service Desk after-hours support.
Performs basic administration activities for user setup of network accounts, computer accounts and business application accounts. Provides wireless device configuration and administration. Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and knowledge base articles.
Professionalism and cooperation when working with customers, team members and management is essential.
End User Support – 90%
- Provide first level Service Desk support to STERIS employees.
- Provides phone support for end user problems and requests.
- Diagnose hardware, software and business application problems.
- Uses appropriate problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps.
- Perform computer hardware and software related repairs.
- Perform wireless device troubleshooting.
- Keeps detailed record of customer conversation and troubleshooting steps to resolve an issue.
- Provides support for facility, remote facility and home based users.
- Provides support for USA and other global facilities.
- Monitors and responds to ticketing system assignments.
- Assists with training customers on desktop applications, software\hardware platforms.
- Escalates when needed; notifying appropriate I.T. resource.
- Participates in on-call rotation of Service Desk after-hours support.
End User Administration - 10%
- Basic user setup for network accounts, computer accounts, business application accounts.
- Configures and deploys mobile devices and performs wireless administration.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and knowledge base articles.
- At least one year of experience in an IT technical support position with a technical degree.
- Two year degree in Information Technology or equivalent vocational field is preferred.
- At least two years of experience in an IT technical support position without a technical degree.
- Experience in a support call center.
- Comptia A+ Certification is preferred.
- Soft skill proficiency – SKILLED
- Telephone etiquette with professional verbal and written communication skills
- Listening and questioning skills
- Self-starter who adapts readily to changes in workload, staffing and scheduling
- Able to receive formal/informal training and retain the information so that it may be applied later at an independent level.
- Able to multi-task and seek out the appropriate resources independently to resolve issues.
- Technical proficiency – GENERALLY SKILLED
- Account Management:
- Joining computers to Active Directory
- Windows Operating System, current and prior versions
- Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Spyware and virus software
- Computer - laptop, tablet and desktop
- Wireless – smart devices
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Network, Service Desk, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Customer Service, Research