Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Service Specialist positions with a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. As one of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, our client is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role. With nearly 350,000 employees in more than 200 countries, they have annual revenue in excess of $85B.
The company is broken into ten distinct business segments: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Healthcare, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Mobility, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. The Service Specialist would work in the Building Technologies Division; this Division is the world’s market leader for safe and energy efficient buildings (“green buildings”) and infrastructures. As a service provider, system integrator and product manufacturer, Building Technologies has offerings for energy efficiency, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), fire protection and security.
Interviews for Service Specialist positions will be held on July 25 in Beaverton, OR.
As a Service Specialist, you will be responsible for performing technical service agreement tasks, and scheduled assignments to ensure that a customer’s building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly. This role will be based out of the Beaverton branch and will support the customer base in the greater Portland metropolitan area. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Handle emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Respond to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), check indicated points of trouble, analyze full requirements of the system involved and check and test system components.
- Diagnose trouble or defects and determine corrective action, and repairing system.
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Test and verify system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Complete service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Support the installation, start-up and commissioning of installed service projects through the execution of point-to-point system checkout, automation system programming, the creation of building automation system graphics and sequence of operation verification during the commissioning process.
- Participate in final system turnover job walks from new construction to service to support the warranty phase for newly installed systems.
- Complete and submit written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Complete and submit timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- Work with other branches, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange service and to resolve problem.
- Participate in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conduct training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Deliver technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Location: Beaverton, OR
Compensation: $55K-$60K depending on experience and qualifications plus OT. It is not uncommon to make over six figures after completion of training and proven performance after a few years in the industry.
Shift Work: Yes, as needed.
Benefits: Our client offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K; supplementary company pension plan; other fringe benefits (product/service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation/leave policies, etc.). The position also provides a company vehicle.
- Experience with electrical or electromechanical installation or maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED or Associate’s Degree in Electronics or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
- Working engineering and programming background preferred—particularly with PLC or BAS systems.
- Strong skills in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
- Ability to spend up to two weeks at a time out at sea.