Fire & Security Systems InstallTechnician
We are seeking an experienced Security and Fire Alarm Service Technician with experience in fire alarms, installation, service and preventive maintenance on commercial security products including intrusion/burglary systems, access control and CCTV systems or equivalent work related experience in the voice/data/service or security industry.
- Installation of security and fire systems in accordance with company and code standards.
- Establishes security/fire alarm service by installing security/fire alarm systems and equipment; verifying system performance; maintaining records.Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns; answering questions and building long-term relationships.
- Plans security/fire alarm installations by surveying and evaluating location; identifying alarm installation requirements; laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Verifies security/fire alarm/CCTV systems functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
- Maintains records by documenting fire inspections, installation and service.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential.
•Requires a high school diploma or GED.
•Valid Indiana driver's license.
• 2+ years experience
•Experience as a SystemsInstallation/Service Technician or equivalent in the security or fire alarm industry is a plus.
•Understanding of networking and IT infrastructure
•Positive can do attitude with a strong work ethic. Must also work with a sense of urgency and exercise a bias toward action.
•Thorough understanding and grounding in Ohms Law and low voltage circuits.
•Experience with Silent Knight; Honeywell/Ademco, DMP, Radionics/Bosch and or Firelite is preferred but not required.
•Experience with Access Control Systems and programming is highly preferred
•Experience with CCTV installation and DVR programming; NVR/Server, IP and megapixel cameras a plus
•Responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, personable, time management skills, and well organized.
•Superior customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Conduit installation and bending experiencea plus
•Position will alsorequire regular standing/walking, ability to climbladders, work in hot/cold environments, and ability to workin confined/tight spacesas needed to complete systems service/installation/inspection.