Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
- Manage the service support supervisors and staff to deliver to objectives focused on optimal service and support to customers, including meeting or exceeding first call resolution and first contact resolution objectives.
- Accountable for the timely and accurate completion of servicing incidents, requests, and tasks assigned to you and/or your team.
- Engage staff appropriately to deliver on department projects, improvement opportunities and personnel development plans.
- Responsible for successful execution, review and compliance of new and existing procedures for all assigned staff.
- Manager Service Support Supervisors by tracking measurable and achievable goals, recognizing successes, managing corrective actions, and/or meeting as necessary with service support team to provide timely management oversight.
- Working with the shift supervisors, manage career development opportunities for all service support staff in your part of the organization
- Provide manager representation for proper communication between business partners and/or internal departments.
- Effectively manage customer communications and escalations
- Manage and report against service level agreements and customer satisfaction measures (e.g. Net Promoter Score)
- Provide daily shift reports to inform stakeholders of customer and/or employee metrics, and supervise accordingly, and hours may vary based on needed shift coverage across the department.
- Serve as management owner responsible for all action items derived from shift reports and manage staff accountability.
- Manage staff engagement with continuous improvement activities, including problem and knowledge management initiatives and training. Serve as liaison to the advanced support team.
- Ensure the service support team is properly trained and prepared in advance of new product & service landings.
- Partner with human resources and recruiting department to recruit, hire and train new team members, as well as all personnel actions for assigned department.
- Use performance reports and data to identify and implement continuous improvements to the ITSM tools, processes and services to provide more effective and efficient service to customers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a personnel manager within an IT Support environment. Multi-customer preferred.
- AA, BS, and/or actively pursuing and advanced degree in the technology field
- Ability to manage multiple projects and take initiative to reach the project goals
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- Technical certifications such as Network +, Security +, CCNA, Microsoft MCP or MCSA, Linux+, preferred
- Experience with command line tools and/or scripting skills is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Fundamental understanding of OSI model, Basic Networking and troubleshooting concepts
- Fundamental understanding of Firewall, Networking and Load balancer concepts
- Positive attitude with a strong sense of urgency and ownership of quality work deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and lead by example to follow and/or improve operating procedures
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills and strong decision making under pressure, is critical to this position
- Ability to maintain a steady sense of calm during potentially tense situations
- Experience managing ITSM systems in an ITIL environment; ITIL v3 certification is preferred
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.