Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
Performs molding start-up operations to include installing molds, starting up the machine, performing first piece inspection and monitoring production.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operates automatic and semi-automatic injection molding machinery and secondary equipment as directed and in accordance with established company safety policy and procedures.
- Reads Kan Ban boards and Production Schedules to determine job orders to be run.
- Installs molds, processes, troubleshoots, and start up molding machines, as well as secondary equipment as required in order to produce quality parts.
- Performs first piece inspection of parts.
- Qualifies parts in accordance with departmental procedures and Quality Assurance Standards, which includes using measuring devices and gauges to determine quality level of molding parts.
- Adheres to all Company and Departmental Safety Policies, including identifying and striving for continuous Safety improvements. Maintains complete organization of production cell as well as housekeeping of machinery and work area.
Education and Experience:
One-year certificate from college or technical training in machine setup preferred. Work experience in plastics and/or injection molding environment strongly preferred. Hydraulics or programmable logic controls a plus.