Seeking a Document Control Specialist for a long-term consulting position at a major utilities client in South Plainfield, NJ.
Background & Experience Required:
- Advanced knowledge of MOSS SharePoint 2013 - ability to work with Web Parts
- 4 years minimum of broad documentation and/or document controls, information management experience
- Understanding of ECM (Electronic Content Management) systems such as SharePoint, Documentum, FileNet, McLaren, etc.
- Experience in working closely with IT areas
- Desirable Background experience – IT, Electronic Publishing, Pharma document controls – knowledge of all file formats, graphics and many different software programs
- Any project management experience and/or knowledge is desirable.
- College degree is preferred but not required.
The Documents Control Specialist reports directly to the Document Controls Manager and supports all processes of the administered plan for controlled documents within the DP&C Group (Delivery Projects & Construction). We are part of the Business Solutions group for all construction projects within DP&C. We have over 500+ projects and maintain a SharePoint site and McLaren Site as well as FileNet for all active project documentation and drawings which you will be involved with on a daily basis. We also work closely with and support our programmers and developers who currently have 46 tools which are Oracle based using Primavera 6 and other applications.
- Migrate files from shared drives to SharePoint and Filenet
- Work with project teams in migration meetings and meetings to upload their project documentation
- Create sub-sites in SharePoint for restricted team work and projects
- Develop special interest sites such as Lessons Learned and work closely with those teams to meet their requirements
- Assist to identify gaps in workflows by interviewing and working closely with all users
- Help to enhance plans to migrate files to new systems.
- Support and help to document all processes and procedures
- Participate in regular reviews of established procedures
- Assist to enforce document control requirements and rules for standards
- Perform system administration tasks if and when required
- Participate in training programs and workshops for all users including one-on-one sessions as needed
- Assist in gathering required data for reporting status on the system
- Work with Project Management procedures to test and evaluate the system
- Know and improve processes to help ensure archiving of regulatory documents in a central repository and required access and distribution as needed
- Assist in development of standards when/where applicable