The Sharepoint/SQL/ Application Server Administrator will be the technical lead and responsible for the Vanderweil Engineers’ SharePoint implementation, SQL Server Administration and all enterprise database applications. The role will be responsible for designing DB integrations leveraging existing data sets to develop business tools that deliver critical business information in a meaningful and timely way.
This position will be responsible for all SharePoint duties including but not limited to upgrades, patches, configuration and support of SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal servers. Application deployments, migrations and administration; managing user permissions; designing and developing custom web parts; designing and developing reports and dashboards for SharePoint 2013 using SQL Server Reporting Services; Designing business solutions to address specific business needs.
The Administrator is also responsible for all SQL Administrator duties including but not limited to defining and maintaining DB schema, optimizing DB performance, SQL Permissions, SQL Query, SQL Reporting Services; SQL Stored Procedure, Backup and general SQL maintenance. Also responsible for data process integrations (mainly SSIS packages) between various systems and internal/external vendors and applications.
The position will also be called upon to manage other servers that require a SQL or MySQL DB component including:
- BST (Financials/ Accounting System)
- Deltek (CRM Only)
- Newforma (newforma.com) – (PIM) Project Information Manager
- IT Management systems such as SCCM and LANSweeper
Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively, set timelines, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
Team-oriented with a positive attitude and focus on customer service
Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently or in a team
Ability to work with business stakeholders to define business needs and then design\ implement solutions that address those needs.
Document your work
Vanderweil is looking for someone who can wear many technical hats and who can tackle DB and development challenges head-on and deliver results. You should be able to deliver simple applications and reports leveraging the existing data (from Financials Application) that will meet specific business needs.
You should be able to manage the customization, implementation and rollout of enterprise wide client-server applications. Includes seeking input of stakeholders, liaising with vendor, gathering and cleaning data for input, pilot test & end user training.
Day to day administration of SQL servers. Implement SQL maintenance plans, backup, restore, manage licensing requirements for SQL Servers.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent qualifications in Computer Science
- SharePoint and\or SQL Certification a plus
- SharePoint - 5+ years of SharePoint Services/Portal admin and maintenance experience including – SharePoint Forms, SharePoint Workflow, Search, Term Store Management
- MSSQL - 5+ years of SQL Server development and administration experience including – Query development, Views, SSIS/ DTSX (SQL Server Integration Services), SQL Reports, SSRS (particularly integration with SharePoint)
- IIS and Windows Server expertise;
- MySQL experience a plus
- Any previous experience with Newforma and/ or BST is considered a plus
- Any experience working in IT in AEC company is a plus