Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a SharePoint Solutions Developer:
This position serves as the primary business customer support resource, delivering targeted business solutions on the SharePoint 2013 platform. The Development efforts for this role are specific to creating solutions using existing out-of-the-box SharePoint services, features, apps, workflows, and web parts. The Solutions Developer may also serve as the customer’s Site Collection Administrator, Site Administrator, or power-user when appropriate.Responsibilities
- Implements and supports custom enterprise solutions within the SharePoint platform
- Developing new technologies and/or processing to meet business needs
- Meets with business clients, assesses business needs and creates platform solutions using out-of-the-box SharePoint services, features, apps, workflows, and web parts
- Uses InfoPath, SharePoint Designer and third party workflow tools to complement out-of-the-box resources when developing business solutions
- Provide guidance to business units on site structure and navigation
- Assist users in setting up My Sites
- Trains staff on using internally developed solutions
- Acts as primary support for corporate SharePoint applications
- Assists with SharePoint application issue resolution
- Troubleshoots or refers/escalates issues to the appropriate IT resources
- Performs solution testing and troubleshooting
- Provides training and mentoring to end users
- Assists with site collection administration for business user departments
- Maintains awareness of all SharePoint development efforts within the organization and creates synergies where appropriate
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related area is required
- Certification in IT related discipline is preferred
- A minimum of 3 or more years of overall information technology experience is required
- 2 or more years of SharePoint experience is required
- 2 or more years of managing SharePoint site collections including the analysis, design and management of department sites is required
- 2 or more years of experience designing and building SharePoint Sites/Site Collections (Workflows, Info-Path Forms lists, libraries) is required
- Experience with SharePoint templates (site templates, list templates, libraries) is required
- Experience directly interfacing with customers (via customer support, training and/or gathering user requirements) is required
- Experience using external content types and SharePoint integration with other enterprise applications is highly desired is required
- Experience using third-party software such as Metalogix, Nintex or AvePoint is highly desired is required
- Experience working with IDE’s such as Visual Studio & SharePoint Designer
- Solid understanding of SharePoint permissions and site collection security
- Knowledge of development methodologies
- Expert knowledge of site templates, sub sites, lists and libraries
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to SharePoint and Development Life cycle
- Knowledge of standardized concepts, practices, and procedures
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER