Let us introduce ourselves. Crane Currency is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world, as well as a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology. We're proud to have just been named "Banknote and Currency Services Provider of the Year" by Central Banking Publications for our cutting-edge security features and state-of-the-art designs.
Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to hiring and retaining the best in the industry. That's why we offer outstanding rewards, including excellent incentives, superb resources and opportunity for growth and advancement. More than a company, we're a community of professionals dedicated to excellence and passionate about what we do. Bring your best game and we will provide you with the opportunity to thrive.
Teamwork is Currency at Crane
We're looking for a Sheeter Helper Grade 2 to join our Finishing department in Dalton, MA. In this position, you will play a critical role with an exciting organization known for innovative currency and banknote technology. Sheeter Helpers are responsible for inspecting, notching, counting, stacking, scanning and wrapping paper which comes off the Sheeters in the Finishing Department. This is a rotating shift, entry-level position in the Finishing line of progression.
- Visually inspect paper for defects and remove paper which does not meet quality standards
- Square reams of inspected paper
- Inspect random sheets on light box
- Notch reams of paper
- Operate Counting Machine and Scanning Machine
- Ensure accurate quantity of paper in each ream by adding/removing paper as needed for each ream
- Prepare samples from each skid, correctly labeling each
- Take relative humidity readings for each skid and accurately record results
- Ensure accurate ream count for each skid
- Wrap and label each skid and move full skids from stacking station to wrapping area
- Properly label and move baled broke from baler and skid broke to designated area
- Use the SMART System for ream tracking
- Operate power truck/hand truck
- Assist with roll changes and removing jammed paper from the Sheeter
- Assist with routine machine cleaning and general housekeeping
Crane offers pay starting at $20.16/hour, excellent benefits, generous 401k match, and much more. Our company is a fast-paced, global business with tight deadlines and high expectations for superior quality products. Don't miss out, apply now!
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Industrial experience, preferred
- Possess basic mathematical skills and computer knowledge
- Must have proven ability to work as part of a team
- Willing and able to pass a Power Truck Certification class
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand and follow operating/job procedures and work in a safe manner
- Willing to train new members of the department
- Must be able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
- Must be willing and able to understand the quality requirements of Crane & Co., Inc.'s products, and his/her role in ensuring this quality
The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com. Crane is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab