Job ID: 140066
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The role of the Shipping and Receiving Associate is to locate the product to be shipped by using the shipment documentation given to him by his supervisor. Using the best means for loading, which could be an overhead crane, forklift, 4D lift or a pallet jack, load the product in the trailer so it will not fall during transport. Certification on all the moving equipment is a requirement. The shipping product worker will be also responsible for restocking the shelves as well as keeping the areas clear. Starting pay is $14 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain shipment schedule for the day from the supervisor
- Check the equipment to be used to make sure it is in the best working order
- Determine the best means for getting and loading the product (this could include the overhead crane, forklift, 4D lift, or pallet jack)
- Maintaining awareness of surroundings, especially while unloading racks
- Confirm correct product is loaded using documentation
- Load the trailer properly to avoid shifting during transport (be aware of not stacking too high and load in the least likely way for it to shift. )
- During the day, as you drive through the aisles, check to make sure the products are stacked properly so as not to fall and harm someone
- At the end of the shift, check the aisles for debris and 5S the area
- Safety is a requirement of employment. Must have attended the safety program(s) offered.
- Must be punctual
- Show courtesy to those around you, especially the customer (truck drivers)
- Must know the process, if absent, to personally call the supervisor
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Ability to be certified on operating the overhead crane, forklift, 4D lift and pallet jack
- Willing to be trained to work in other areas, if needed
- Willing to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to stand for 8 hours (or more) on your feet
- Ability to twist, turn, squat, climb, lift, push, and pull throughout the shift
- Must have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs. throughout a shift
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.). Must be able to tolerate seasonal weather changes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Only online applications will be accepted
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.