Clean Tech was founded in 1989 to reclaim the plastic in water containers and other post-consumer packaging. Clean Tech’s leaders knew that recycling would extend disposal capacity, save money in disposal costs and conserve natural resources. They saw further growth opportunity in the business’s potential for creating new jobs and providing a reliable, cost-effective resource for the manufacturing industry. It
This modern recycling center initiated the company’s entry into the environmental movement more than 20 years ago. Clean Tech recycled 2 billion bottles in 2007 alone at its Dundee, MI facility. It now recycles more than 3 billion bottles per year and continues to invest in recycling technology and operational improvements. Expanding Recycling to Europe: A Luxembourg recycling center anchors environmental operations in Europe with PET recycling. Clean Tech is part of the Plastipak family of companies.
Clean Tech is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs and assists in warehousing activities and ensures that all phases of facility shipping, storage, and receiving operations are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY:
- Ensures that the Plant’s Safety requirements, Quality Policy, Operational Procedures and High Standards of Workmanship are maintained at all times. Performs audits of ISO system functionality and responsible for maintaining effectiveness of the system on their shift.
- Responsibility and authority as outlined in the Quality Manual, Operational Procedures and all Instruction manuals
- Functions within the ISO/Team environment
- Safely operates forklift in both the warehouse and production areas.
- Ensures forklift fleet is properly maintained
- Enforces consistent conformance to all local and Company policies and procedures (e.g. work rules, safety rules, and instructions) as well as housekeeping requirements.
- Assures the internal and external flow of raw materials and finished product are maintained to meet production and customer requirements
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Directly supervises several associates in the warehouse
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems in cooperation with Warehouse Manager
- Works with the Shipping & Receiving Coordinator to assure product flow for daily requirements are met
- Manages inbound and outbound loads daily
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists associates in solving work problems by listening and being attentive to their needs and informs Warehouse Manager of all issues
- Properly completes assigned paperwork and reviews paperwork of subordinates to make sure it is correct.
- Miscellaneous related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A related degree and/or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good math skills
- Submit to and pass drug screen test
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers