SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for all movement of material from dock to warehouse (in-bound & out-bound)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Organize material for vendor, pallet count and quantity to shipping or receiving administrator for shipping documents.
· Load scrap material daily.
· Insure proper paperwork goes with all truck drivers.
· Maintain a professional and cooperative atmosphere towards all truck drivers and customer.
1. Load and unload all truck.
2. Verify pallet count on all shippers and packaging slips.
3. Scan all shippers set-up on bar-code system.
4. Palletize, band and wrap all outgoing shippers.
5. Make copies of incoming shippers and packing slips for quality inspectors. Turn originals into inventory control expediter.
6. Move material from receiving to designated warehouse location.
7. Rotate stock to insure FIFO.
8. Take out emptied pallets from warehouse.
9. Remove banding and wrap as stock is rotated.
10. Get orders together.
11. Restock warehouse.
12. Assist AREJ with movement of rejected material.
13. Housekeeping (inside and out).
14. Make occasional trips to vendor for parts pick-up (as needed).
15. Drive 24’ truck to Manchester and Woodland to get service components.
16. Responsible to move any fixtures from North, South and Manchester.
17. Perform system transactions to track inventory in and out of both warehouses.
18. Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment, in addition to daily housekeeping, visual controls and workplace organization.
19. Responsible for understanding and participating in all aspects of the continuous improvement process.
20. Daily job performance is expected to support the JAC Quality Statement.
21. Shall be responsible for safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety regulations.
22. Comply with all ISO/TS 16949 & ISO-14001 procedures and work instructions related to your job description.
23. Performs all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within JAC Products Inc.
§ Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
§ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
§ Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
§ Ability to use small hand held tools, such as; clippers, knives, box cutters and power tools.
§ Basic computer skills, including P.C. knowledge and current technology software familiarity.
§ Well developed communication skills - both written & oral.
§ Mechanically inclined.
§ Strong organizational skills.
§ Must have a CDL license or C2 license.
§ Must have an excellent driving record.
§ Ability to pass DOT drug testing and subsequent DOT drug tests.
§ Ability to pass necessary testing in order to obtain hi-lo licensing.
§ This position works with minimal supervision.