Job ID: 12183
AMETEK has established records for sales, operating income and operating margins. Our relentless focus on Operational Excellence continues to drive our profitability and margin improvements. Our outlook for 2018 is for continued strong performance based on our commitment to Operational Excellence with its focus on cost and asset management, operating efficiencies and sustainable practices.
AMETEK Energy & Process Instrumentation is a worldwide manufacturer of process analyzers and instrumentation. A Business Unit of the Process & Analytical Instruments division of AMETEK, Inc., we are part of a global corporation with annual sales of approximately $4 billion.
- Manage import/export and all traffic compliance functions (documentation, regulatory)
- Create and process all Export shipment documentation, report AES Filings, including License applications, Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Pro forma Invoices, Site drafts, Letters of Credit, packing slips etc, to ensure accurate, timely delivery and processing of all shipments, while meeting all laws and export compliance .
- Provide quotes for transportation rates as requested.
- Responsible for making timely, accurate traffic decisions for all imports and export shipments.
- Manage shipment processes, including all packing/shipping activities.
- Determine/utilize necessary resources to maintain/increase on-time shipments for analyzers and spare parts.
- Analyze shipment requirements and select proper carrier/forwarder to meet all customer order/ LOC requirements.
- Provide shipment processing to generate invoices and perform backup functions such as order entry processing, answering phone/ door inquiries, and filing.
- Coordinate with carriers to track and trace shipments as required.
- Support all Import compliance requirements with proper import classifications.
- Develop and maintain files, documents and records to support all regulatory audit criteria.
- Review and audit all freight bills and customs entry summaries for proper customs value, for classification accuracy, processing corrections, and meeting compliance.
- Assist and coordinate closely with all internal departments, managers, buyers, etc. in meeting all import and export compliance requirements.
- Correspond with International customers, suppliers, and brokers to obtain documents and information for complete customs compliance recordkeeping.
- Provide timely responses to Customs requests /notices, and all internal requests regarding classification, duty rates, documentation requirements, or other import regulations.
- Plan work schedules for the department and generate work assignments for direct reports.
- Develop colleague skills; actively participate in the annual review process, other supervisory duties as required.
- Provide training, maintenance and compliance for import, export and Hazmat regulations.
- Execute established approved processes/procedures; identify improvement opportunities; reduce expenses where possible.
- Maintain a safe working environment; participate in EH&S compliance support.
- Maintain Quality System procedures and work instructions.
- Additional duties assigned by department manager, as required by business needs.
BS in Logistics or International Trade plus 2-3 years related experience, or minimum 4 or more years equivalent demonstrated experience in Import/Export compliance and regulatory environment.
Successful candidate will be a verifiable expert in AES processing, License applications, US Customs, EAR, and ITAR Regulations, ECCN, HTSUS, HTS Schedule B classifications, BIS entity screening, and all other US customs requirements.
Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Oracle Experience, Customs Broker License, and Hazardous Shipment Certification a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
- Travel Percentage: 5%