Shipping / Receiving / Warehouse Supervisor
Flint Packaging Division
Department: Shipping /Receiving/ Warehouse Inventory
Reports to: Plant Manager
Prepared by: Human Resources
Approved by: Plant Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
(Includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Understand and comply with procedures for applicable Quality System requirements promoting the standard of the Quality system to ensure certification.
- Authority to stop production to avoid non-conformances.
- Directs plant operations for Finished Warehouse and Shipping departments.
- Coordinates Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse activities to insure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Controls and minimizes labor overtime for the Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse areas.
- Ensures that team management practices are implemented, encouraging involvement from all employees in the Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse area promoting a safe, motivating work environment.
- Develop and update reports as required by Executive management.
- Open, closes and secures plant facilities as required.
- Works with Sales Service team to insure customer requirements are met.
- Works with transportation carriers as needed to improve the flow of material shipping from Landaal Packaging.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and manages all activities in the Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse area to ensure effective and efficient shipping and storage of material.
- Controls and maintains the housekeeping of the Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse.
- Monitors, maintains and ships all recyclable material, scrap and or waste material at Landaal Packaging.
- Maintain and manage the GM API yearend inventory. Coordinate and comply with all GM requirements.
(See org chart, policy manual, above)
- Assign and evaluate training within the Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse for continuous employee growth.
- Assures that established rules, policies, regulations and procedures are followed.
- Demonstrates leadership through decisive positive action and provides guidance and solutions to problems. Applies the “team concept” to areas of responsibilities and is a team player.
- Maintains good employee relations and adheres to labor contract provisions.
- Monitors attendance through ADP of all employees in the Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse area.
- Issues disciplinary action as needed to employees in the Shipping, Receiving and Warehouse area.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers
- Ensure correct shipment of international orders and hazardous material orders
- Monitor pickers, and pullers productivity
- Assist employees with work process problems
- Distributes documentation including transfer of all original documents, to proper departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
High school graduate and 2-3 years’ experience in warehouse inventory.
2 year college degree or equivalent experience shipping, receiving, warehousing preferred
Communication skills, (written and verbal)
Computer skills – Microsoft office,
Problem solving skills – 8D, 5Y, 7 step
Team building skills