Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Sioux Falls, SD facility.
Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
- To execute the customer's & Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. policies and procedures to meet the operational requirements of the fab.
- To implement and maintain technical and safety programs, operating records and documentation, and manages the site.
- Keeping/maintaining the equipment maintenance database, schedules, and procedures up to date.
- To recommend, support, and implement improvements to all gas & chemical equipment and related systems new or existing.
- To assure timely communications and reports with all team members (customer, subordinates, and Matheson Management).
- To maintain a high level of professionalism while continuing to gain specialized education and training.
- Perform other project and duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the stores overall operations.
- Receives and processes customer orders via phone, fax, e-mail, or in person for existing accounts.
- Creates shipping orders on line in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides back-up to/for counter / inside sales / warehouse.
- Telephone and counter sales and order solicitation.
- Supports and promotes national alliance partners/preferred suppliers.
- Telephone solicitation for customers with scheduled delivery days.
- Follow up on quotations for customer requirements.
- Prints and reviews the daily/weekly/monthly reports. Recommends and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Knows major customers and understands their requirements.
- Performs general housekeeping, stocking and merchandising of store. Implements locally all national promotions.
- Creates and maintains barcode price tags, shelf tapes and store signage.
- Provides process and product knowledge and equipment demonstrations to customers.
- Communicates sales opportunities to account managers.
- Ensures local application of store, sales, general and administrative policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes safety in all aspects of his/her responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, FDA, and DOT regulations.
- Distribution and filling efficiency (if applicable).
- Handles all verbal, written reprimands and suspensions which include one on one counseling.
- Creating and receiving inter-store transfers.
- Handles customer or employee injuries.
- Responsible for stores end of the month closing procedures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry such as fractions, percentages, ratios, volume and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a Matrix environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or Equivalent.
- One to Two years related experience and/or training preferably in site/branch operations and/or package gas operations in the industrial gas industry; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
- Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
- Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Apply online at:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.