Slitter Helper - Night Shift
Summary/Objective The Slitting Helper functions under the direct supervision of the Slitter Operator and is responsible for helping within the department on assigned shifts to ensure their ability to meet all safety, quality and productivity goals. This position works closely with the Manufacturing Supervisor, Production Planning, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and all other department leads to ensure that production objectives are efficiently achieved.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. List does not necessarily cover all duties that may be required in course of work day.
- Aid in operation of equipment to convert and/or pack printed material
- Visually inspects product and identify/remove defective material
- May view material to detect quality deviations with assistance of strobe light
- Follows quality work instructions
- Related duties as assigned
- (Warning: Viewing of the strobe light may trigger epileptic seizures in persons with photo sensitive epilepsy). May be expected to use other additional quality inspection tools such as AVT.
- Comply with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Regular and predictable attendance, overtime when required.
- Ability to assist with slitting machinery set-up, run, and clean up; detail oriented; excellent verbal skills; ability to read and understand a job ticket.
- Ability to read a ruler.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency for on-time completion of assigned activities.
- Ability to work an 8 hour shifts, up to 12 hours as needed. Must be able/willing to work overtime as required.
Work Environment - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to ink fumes. The noise level in the press room environment is loud.
Physical Demands - The employee is required to sit and stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good vision.
Required Education - High school diploma or general educational degree (G.E.D.) desired.
Preferred Experience – Manufacturing: 1 year.
Bi-lingual a big plus.