We have a 2-3 month contract for a Social media Communications Manager in San Francisco, CA.
A skilled communications professional, this position will provide social media patient and customer support as the immediate listening arm to monitor and flag conversations and trends. Actively listening, engaging and leading the conversation about our client across top social media properties including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Yelp and others. Represents the face of the brand and provides first-class customer service and support for all conversational touch points in social media channels - whether it's a question from a prospect, a technical problem raised by a patient, an issue with billing, complaints, or positive engagements and sharing of stories from customers.
This role will identify opportunities and issues in real-time with an analytical eye and engage both internal and external communities through established 1:1 communication best practices. Supporting the development and execution of communication strategies and implementing new ways to serve and nurture our online communities. This role may also regularly schedule social media content for publishing, as well as moderate and approve content for our internal app.
- Represent the face of the brand, participating in 1:1 social media conversations as an official representative of our client.
- Provide excellent customer support as the primary contact for any patient, prospect, and social community member who raises an issue, question or concern within the social web; ensure resolution, encouragement, and positive brand experience.
- Build effective relationships with internal organizational leaders to champion issue resolution through the system, local hospitals and markets.
- Proactively seeks out issues within social and contacts appropriate internal colleagues to address patient concerns and issues to improve overall experience and retention.
- Helps manage the Social Community Issues inbox to ensure social channels remain a healthy and positive environment.
- Identify brand advocates, encourage them to share positive conversation and stories and build loyalty.
- Memorize escalation protocols, recognize immediately when you see a high-risk situation (finance, disputes, legal, etc.), and execute the proper protocol to ensure our client policies are upheld.
- Ensure follow-up on all outstanding issues; submit weekly/monthly status reports.
- Identify weekly highlights of patient success stories, top positive and negative engagements, process improvement opportunities; and report highlights to the Manager, Reputation and Engagement to manage executive-level follow-up.
- Work cross-functionally with the Campaigns & Analytics, Social & Content Strategy arms of social team to ensure constant communication; participate in identifying needs and opportunities to evolve our community engagement strategies.
- Safeguard passwords and protect confidential information.
- Inspire great work and camaraderie with fellow Social Media Specialists by providing advice on issue resolution, offering assistance when needed, and always putting the customer first.
- Partner with Manager, Reputation and Engagement to determine response strategy and course of action when negative media attention occurs.
- Detect potential negative or crisis situations and communicate with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate issues.
- Reputation management - ensure the client's brand and reputation are enhanced by social media activities; integrating with PR/Communications to actively manage through communications issues using social media.
- Partner with the social media campaign and analytics team to help develop recaps and reports. The ability to extrapolate key findings and make them relatable and actionable is highly valued.
- Real-time engagement: ability to write and respond from all brand channels to our communities at a 1:1 level, managing multiple conversations quickly and efficiently.
- Provide exceptional judgment, professional maturity and discretion when monitoring, engaging and escalating potential issues.
- Assist in monitoring the social media and competitive landscape and identify key trends and developments.
- Find and suggest engagement opportunities on owned social accounts, online review sites, and the broader social web, to foster positive brand effect and achieve business goals.
Experience & Skills
- 1+ years customer service or marketing and communications experience in an agency or corporate environment.
- Experience working as community manager role for consumer brands across social platforms.
- Sophisticated knowledge - theory and practice - of social media properties, particularly on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, (Yelp is a plus).
- Understanding of social communication best practices, including how to write a tweet, message length constraints, social acronyms like RT, DM, public vs. private conversations, identification of spammers and phishers, etc.
- Knows the ins and outs of social channels and uses them effectively for work and/or personal.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - a natural editor
- Ability to deal with customer conflict and resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong collaborator and team player.
- BA/BS Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism, English, PR or related field required.
- Healthcare industry experiences a plus.
- Preference given to candidates with experience using social media monitoring and engagement tools such as Spredfast, Conversocial, SparkCentral, HootSuite, Sprinklr, etc