Job Description - LCSW
Vitality Unlimited in Elko, Nevada is looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. The position is the primary interface for patients to access services such as peer/family counseling and support, screening, assessment, treatment, consultative services, education and engagement, linkages, outreach and advocacy. Working from an interdisciplinary approach and in collaboration with the staff, the LCSW also provides orientation, consultation, and ongoing training to pertinent staff as needed in order to strengthen the relationship between behavioral health services and other community-based services. LCSWs already licensed in the State of Nevada will receive a $5,000 bonus after the completion of their first year of employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Comply with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and customer service standards.
2. Provide ongoing consultation for primary care staff in appropriate mental health techniques for adults
3. Participate in ongoing training in adult behavioral health issues and provide training to primary care clinic staff in mental health topics including counseling skills and confidentiality, medication use and misuse, substance abuse, wellness, rehabilitation, recovery and self-sufficiency.
4. Based on Medical Provider referrals will conduct brief, non-stigmatizing screenings to evaluate the needs of adults and older adults, adolescents, and/or children for mental health and support services, based on medical record, direct interview and interaction with the family and/or discussion with other staff members who interact with the family.
5. Perform comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment for mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, domestic violence and medical needs. Conduct follow-up as appropriate based on results of evaluation.
6. Provide licensed, license eligible and/or BBS registered mental health intern (post Master’s or post-Doctoral) level behavioral health services in low intensity/brief treatment, problem-solving therapy and behavioral activation in a culturally, linguistically and age appropriate manner. Develop, implement, and evaluate plans for the provision of mental health and support services jointly with the family, Psychiatrist, Medical Provider(s), and other staff members as appropriate.
7. Establish and maintain a current listing of community linkages to meet the needs of the target population. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with community providers of adult services. Initiate linkages disseminate information and make referrals to the appropriate services as needed.
8. Provide early interventions and referrals to specialty mental health services, including referral for more intensive psychological or psychiatric support services, if needed.
9. Assist patients with determining eligibility for health coverage programs and other programs as needed. This includes assistance with forms, making initial contacts and appointments for the patient. Follow-up with the patient to ensure linkages to services are made.
10. Document findings in patient’s medical records according to established protocol.
11. Must be able to develop and write policies and procedures.
1. Desire to work with an diverse population.
2. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
3. Clinical experience
4. Knowledge of health information related to adults , adolescents and children
5. Work as a team member
6. Cultural sensitivity
7. Understanding of parenting and health knowledge desired.
8. Ability to chart using Electronic Health Records
9. Ability to complete work and articulate provider concerns in a timely and concise manner
There is a $2,000 moving stipend available with the signing of a two year job commitment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 /year
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 90000.00 Annual