Duties/Essential Job Functions
- Design and develop machine vision or image processing algorithms for real-time applications.
- Develop functional specifications for new, or enhancements to, existing machine vision algorithms.
- Implement prototypes and designs in C++ using the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Develop and present schedules with short term detailed milestones.
- Enhance and/or debug code developed by others.
- Convert algorithms developed into C++ code
- Document and implement test cases for new algorithm functionality.
- Work closely with Application Engineers, Sales, Marketing, and customers in order to provide optimal solutions.
- Support object-oriented software development.
- Develop software systems for use on 64-bit Windows 7.
- Design and implement graphical user interfaces (GUI’s) to support new algorithms.
- Perform various ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or engineering discipline with an emphasis on image and/or signal processing.
- Five or more years experience developing machine vision or image processing algorithms for real-time applications.
- Strong mathematical and experimental statistics background
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Programming experience with C++ using the Visual Studio development environment.
- Ability to present new ideas and to quickly implement concepts.
- Must have the desire to learn new skills as well as expand expertise in software engineering. Must be interested in tracking current technology trends.
- Willing to travel occasionally to customer sites both within the United States and overseas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science and/or engineering discipline with an emphasis on image and/or signal processing
- Experience writing/optimizing machine vision algorithms including experience with Intel x86 assembly language coding, MMX, SSE, etc.
- Proficient with MATLAB or other image processing software packages and have the ability to implement designed algorithms into C/C++ code.
- Knowledge of CUDA or other GPU programming environment