KARL STORZ Imaging (“KSI”), a wholly owned subsidiary of KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology and endoscopic specialties. Based in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA, KARL STORZ Imaging is the center of the company’s Product Development and Innovation, responsible for the creation and development of imaging systems, electromechanical devices and technologies.
We are looking for a Software Architect Engineer IV to join our product development team. This position will design and develop compelling software solutions related to the Operating Room utilizing state of the art software and hardware components for video, audio, device control, room control, and networking. They will also support all phases of software development requirements, hazard analysis, design, implementation, test and maintenance.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to tasks.
- Contribute to software architecture design and analysis
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with minimal assistance from the supervisor
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Competent at writing proposals or papers.
- Competent to make presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Working as a project team member:
- Assist in determining project feasibility
- Assist in determining project timeframe
- Assist in software requirements definition with input from Product Management / Marketing
- Assist in design, code, and test phases of software development. Software development (includes new projects and maintenance projects) to be done per Karl Storz global design control process
- Mentor junior members of Software Engineering working in a lead Engineering capacity
- Point person for coordination with software component suppliers internal and external to KS
- Regular attendance is an essential job function
- Will spend part of his/her time as a member of continuous improvement teams undertaking projects and seeking ways to improve the quality of KSI’s products and services
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Deep knowledge and experience with high level languages (C#, Java)
- Deep knowledge of the .NET Framework, including Visual Studio, WCF, WPF, and compositing / injection technologies, such as MEF
- Knowledge and experience with designing and documenting software architecture
- Deep knowledge and experience with operating systems and API’s (Windows, Linux)
- Solid understanding of SW architecture concepts and experience with their application to mission critical systems.
- A solid understanding of networking and distributed computing environment concepts.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science foundations, such as memory management, multi-threaded applications development and low-level algorithm performance.
- Knowledge of SQL and relation database concepts
- Experience developing web services and frameworks
- Experience with design documentation for software.
- Good knowledge of security and encryption.
- Knowledge of medical device quality system regulations and standards (eg, U.S. FDA Quality System Regulation 21CFR Part 820, ISO13485, ISO9001)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Computer Engineering
- 9+ years’ experience in software product development, Medical product development experience desired
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 3 weeks vacation plus sick days
- 401K plus company match
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, click on Apply below: