- SOFTWARE ARCHITECT-
- Participates in defining guidelines and strategies for the development group.
- Attends and makes presentations at meetings with peers and users.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and proposes and/or implements appropriate solutions.
- Plans, designs, architects, and develops solutions to support the Firm enterprise.
- Consults with I.T. technical staff, users, outside consultants and vendors, as appropriate, to refine the scope and definition of assigned projects to ensure successful completion in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with management and other stakeholders, determines technology architecture, product choices, and implementation strategy. Provides sizing and ongoing capacity analysis for servers associated with projects.
- Designs and develops maintenance schedules, procedures, and documentation; ensures they are current, understood, communicated and complied with.
- Customizes third party systems using available development tools.
- Performs data analysis, performance optimizations, and database maintenance as required.
- Advises and directs other development group members and provides assistance on projects. Responsible for the implementation, coordination and management of projects when required.
- Must have expert understanding of n-tier architecture in an enterprise environment.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project management/analyst applications.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced level SQL Server DBA and database design skills.
- Must possess strong project management skills.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- This is a full-time position which requires working in the office a minimum of 40 hours per week on a regular basis. Oftentimes, it may also include working outside of normal business hours to ensure completion of position requirements.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, having the ability to transport 25 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
Thompson Coburn LLP is a large, full service, multi-state firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. At Thompson Coburn, our behavior and the expectations we have of ourselves are guided by the values that we hold in the highest regard: integrity, a passion for excellence, a focus on serving the client, a value of diversity, innovation, creativity, trust, and loyalty. Within the Firm, we value each other as people and colleagues. In addition to the exceptional working environment and a competitive salary, Thompson Coburn provides the following benefit options to qualifying employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & ADD policies
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Firm Paid 401(k) & Profit Sharing plans
- Parking/Transportation Stipend
- Section 125 Plan (Pre-tax premiums, dependent care and medical reimbursement)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Savings Plan Deductions (529 Plans)
- Long Term Care
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V