Position: Software Automation Engineer
Location: Sterling, Virginia
Duration: 6 months contract
Job Description:-The Software Automation Engineer is a functional expert in the field of software quality assurance and automated testing as it relates to the business objectives of Client. The position will perform test case automation, identify and analyze software defects, and generate related quality reports. Additionally, the Software Automation Engineer will assist with the creation and enhancement of test automation processes and procedures. The Software Automation Engineer will participate in all test related activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
• Develop subject matter expertise on assigned systems as required to develop and execute tests
• Develops automated testing scripts and code modules for testing automation
• Quickly and accurately performs troubleshooting and repair of existing test scripts
• Executes functional tests using automation tools and reports results using defined process and resources
• Perform manual testing when automation is not available
• Reports defects using the defined reporting process
• Assists in integrating on-shore and off-shore automation code
• Assists with creation of automation processes and procedures with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
• Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion following established standards and techniques. Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code.
• Participates in code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships
• Maintains a working knowledge of Client's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
• Performs scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
• Ensures the appropriate adherence to Client's inter-departmental processes and procedures
• Provides proper status notifications and updates
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4 years of software application development and testing experience
• 2 years hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Proficiency with Cucumber-Selenium test automation tools
• Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
• Experience operating in an Agile Scrum environment
• Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database structures
• Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems.
• Ability to work independently to remove roadblocks.
Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed, and analytical style using fact-based metrics
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with JMeter, SoapUI, Jasmine automation tools
• Experience with service level or API level automation testing
• Experience with automated performance or load testing
• Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools including JIRA, Confluence, and Crucible
• Proficiency in Release Management and Testing processes
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery. Jenkins automation experience is a plus.
• Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java, C#, HTML, XML, JS, CSS, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL and DBMS (e,g SQL Server, Oracle)
• Experience testing applications in both Windows and Linux environments