RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Software Design Engineer 2 in Redmond, Washington (WA).
Our client is a cutting-edge provider of world class software, solutions and services. Employing over 100,000 passionate people worldwide, they empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve their dreams. Their best in class advancements in cloud, mobile, machine learning, and AI are changing the way people go about their lives. Doing business in 170 countries, our client is dedicated to fulfilling their mission of helping you and your organization achieve more around the world.
Calling all web developers! We at AI&R - Artificial Intelligence & Research - are seeking a super-talented senior front-end developer to help incubate an exciting new customer solution. This position is for a highly motivated engineer who can work autonomously and provide consistent engineering execution. If you are passionate about web technology and development, and enjoy building performant, highly usable, and aesthetically pleasing web applications, we want to hear from you!
The role will entail:
Refactoring and extending an existing C#/MVC/Angular web application for customer preview:
- Improving look and feel, stability, perf (possibly upgrading to newer frameworks, etc.)
- Four development sprints
Delivering features during preview period:
- Assisting in customer-requested feature triage and prioritization
- Implementing features and publishing to customer installs on a regular basis (e.g., weekly)
- Shipping the initial public release
- 7+ years of industry experience in designing and building professional, production-quality web sites and services
- Fluency in modern web development (HTML5, CSS3, MVC)
- Proficiency in asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Worked with at least one testing framework (WTT, NUnit, FsUnit, Selenium)
- Familiarity in building REST services
- Facility with the Microsoft development stack (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services, etc.) and GitHub
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate to deliver quality to customers
- Be self-driven, quality-minded, and capable of high throughput when required
- Schedule and deliver on tasks in a timely manner, with attention to details
- Be adept and dealing with ambiguity, thinking on one's feet
- Thrive in a fast-paced, small-team atmosphere
- Azure Resource Manager, Azure Compute, Azure AppServices, Service Fabric, Azure SQL
- Networking (HTTP, TCP, Proxy, Load balancer, firewall, DNS, IP routing, iptables)
- Experience in building REST services
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Modern web development (HTML5, MVC) and familiarity with open source software stack (Angular.js, jQuery)
- Software security experience (SAST, DAST, threat modeling, SDL/SDLC, etc.) is nice, but not mandatory
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.