RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Design Engineer 2 in Redmond, Washington (WA).
Our client is a cutting-edge provider of world class software, solutions and services. Employing over 100,000 passionate people worldwide, they empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve their dreams. Their best in class advancements in cloud, mobile, machine learning, and AI are changing the way people go about their lives. Doing business in 170 countries, our client is dedicated to fulfilling their mission of helping you and your organization achieve more around the world.
Calling all Back-End and Cloud Developers. We at AI&R -Artificial Intelligence & Research - are seeking a super-talented senior back-end dev to help incubate an exciting new cloud-based customer solution. As the newest member of the Security Risk Detection team, you'll help us build out a new offering in the dynamic application security testing space to meet significant customer demand. This position is for a highly motivated engineer who can work autonomously and provide consistent engineering execution and will entail improving an existing offering to adapt to customers' needs, as well as hardening the existing infrastructure. If you are passionate about delivering high-end SaaS solutions that scale up and out seamlessly, we want you!
- Refactoring and extending the back-end of an existing C#/MVC/Angular application for customer preview
- Migrating functionality to Azure (e.g., db, functionality, architecture, etc.)
- Four development sprints
- Delivering features during preview period
- Assisting in customer-requested feature triage and prioritization
- Implementing features and publishing to customer installs on a regular basis (e.g., weekly)
- Shipping the initial public release
- Fluency in C# and .NET development
- Fluency in building REST services
- Proficiency in database technologies (SQL, Azure Table)
- Solid understanding of cloud architecture development (Azure preferred)
- Facility with the Microsoft development stack (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services, etc.) and GitHub
- Software security experience (SAST, DAST, threat modeling, SDL/SDLC, etc.) is nice, but not mandatory
- Azure Resource Manager, Azure Compute, Azure AppServices, Service Fabric, Azure SQL
- Networking (HTTP, TCP, Proxy, Load balancer, firewall, DNS, IP routing, iptables)
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Modern web development (HTML5, MVC) and familiarity with open source software stack (Angular.js, jQuery)
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have 5+ years' industry experience in designing and building large-scale online services in Azure
- Be passionate to deliver quality to customers
- Be self-driven, quality-minded, and capable of high throughput when required
- Schedule and deliver on tasks in a timely manner, with attention to details
- Be adept and dealing with ambiguity, thinking on one's feet
- Thrive in a fast-paced, small-team atmosphere
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.