Our customer develops systems and technology for disaster preparedness, detection, mitigation, and attribution. The group is highly interdisciplinary; as a result, the backgrounds of the researchers are diverse, including engineering (electrical, mechanical, chemical, biomedical), physics, mathematics, computer science, chemistry, and biology. Sensor development is conducted at several levels, including initial measurements of detection signatures, proof-of-concept experiments for biological or chemical assay or electro-optic sensors, integration into autonomous sensors along with the development of the associated electronics and algorithm. The group develops and tests integrated sensor systems in representational settings. Emerging thrusts in the group include support for additional homeland security missions, natural disaster management, health surveillance, serious game development, and electronics and algorithm support for other customer missions. The group is in need of a Software Developer III for the development and integration of real-time sensors for robotics, chemical, and biological testbeds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Systems architecture and software development, and support for real-time systems. Control systems development and programming.
• Simulation and modeling of real-time systems.
• Participate in requirements definition, prototyping and rapid development of fieldable systems to include mobile, drone and embedded systems.
• Support deployments of prototype systems in field studies and installations.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
• BE/BS in an engineering, physics, computer science or equivalent technical discipline plus 1 yr experience.
• Candidates should be comfortable working as individuals or small teams following an agile development process.
• Additionally, candidates should enjoy solving challenging problems, have excellent time management, planning, communication skills, and an interest in to developing quality software.
• Some travel will be required to support development and testing in the field
Experience and knowledge with the following are also required:
• Practical knowledge of Java, Python, or C++, with Object-oriented Design Principles
• Familiarity with Relational Database concepts (e.g. MySQL, Postgres)
• Familiarity with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, SVN or CVS)
• Familiarity with embedded platforms (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Tegra Linux, Etc.)
• Familiarity with mobile or robotics software development
• Examples of software development experience either independently or as part of college work
• Interest in developing games, either software or analytically
• Interest in image processing and/or machine learning
• Interest in drone or robotics software development
• Interest in 3D graphic software (e.g., Unity) or algorithms
• Interest in with developing sensor-based systems
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
• Travel: Travel may be expected
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.