SUMMARY OF POSITION
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to plan and organize work processes, manage priorities and meet commitments and deadlines; on our team we must multi-task and manage time well. This person reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Work closely with the business analyst to review user stories, provide estimates and make timely status updates in Rally.
- Writing program code, participating on team code reviews.
- Following source code control rules established by the team.
- Testing code in a controlled setting, both unit testing and integration tests prior to checking code into Github.
- Participate with other IT team members to deliver high-quality solutions and supporting documentation.
- Attain knowledge of internal systems in use, their data structures and programming interfaces.
- Learn and become proficient with the business work flow utilized to complete screen printing, embroidery and fulfillment services.
- Uses a structured approach to analyze and resolve complex problems; secures and evaluates relevant data from appropriate sources and trends.
- Maintain required technical/professional knowledge; keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Maintains an organized approach and meets or exceeds agreed upon deadlines assigned during iterations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a software development role.
- Experience developing, deploying, maintaining and integrating web-based applications.
- Strong understanding of version control software and techniques, git and GitHub a plus.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages. Python preferred, but alternatives (Node.js, PHP, Ruby, and Perl) are acceptable.
- Knowledge of common web-related and data serialization formats, such as XML, JSON, and CSS.
- Understanding of databases MSSQL/MySQL/MongoDB
- Experience with Apache, LAMP, Unix/Linux.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and ESB application integration.
- Familiarity with MVC architecture.
- Experience with Rally agile development (or similar).