Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In support of the US Navy's Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) mission, the Software Developer will be a member of the Afloat Signals Exploitation (ASE) DevOps team contributing to the design and implementation of Cryptologic Carry-On Program (CCOP) and Ship's Signals Exploitation Equipment (SSEE) systems deployed on Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) and National Security Agency Network (NSANet). The ideal candidate will have experience with the latest web-based technologies and a history of direct involvement with successful software development and engineering efforts
The Software Developer will:
* Provide software development for US Navy mission applications using the latest web-based technologies
* Optimize Representational State Transfer (RESTful) API's
* Develop custom scripts or small compiled applications based on internal and external customer requests
* Research and recommend innovative and feasible automated approaches for software integration/development
* Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, employing technical writing techniques
* Be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines
* Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Three to five (3-5) years' software development experience
* Experience with software development on a MEAN (MongoDB/ExpressJS/AngularJS/NodeJS) stack
* Experience with deployment on Apache and Tomcat web servers
* Expert with web technologies such as HTML4/5, CSS3, Twitter BootStrap, or JQuery
* Ability to update and commit source code to a GIT repository
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience in Scrum and Agile development is a plus
* Experience with Hadoop, Kafka, Ansible, Go (Golang), Cassandra or Accumulo is a plus
* Background with the VITA 49.2 standard for real-time data transport is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in related technical field or equivalent work experience
* Must currently be DoD 8570-compliant with the equivalent of an IAT II certification or have the ability to do so within 6 months of employment
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE FOR CONSIDERATION
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled