RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Developer in Richfield, Minnesota (MN). Client only looking for local candidates.
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team building foundational services for the company's native mobile application platform. You'll support and extend running applications & design and develop new applications. You'll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an Agile environment, which means test-driven development and pair programming. We are evolving towards a dev ops model, with our development teams engaged in monitoring, optimizing, and supporting our production environments.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
- Developing Spring/Java/Maven applications
- Aggressive Refactoring
- High comfort level with UNIX
- Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
- Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Infrastructure Automation (Chef in particular)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.