RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Software Developer in San Antonio, Texas (TX).
The main function of a specialty developer is to develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs utilizing software packages considered. A typical specialty developer is responsible for designing software or customizing software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Review and approve modifications to existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Review and approve the design and development of software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration
- Counsel customers about software system design and maintenance
- Counsel systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training required
- 10+ years of related experience required
- 8- 10 years of minimum of professional software development experience
- At least 5 years of Erlang experience
- REST API Design experience
- Solid interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as a productive member of a fast-paced, tight-knit team
- Linux experience is required
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Expert knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software
- Expert knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models
- Expert knowledge of niche computer software, such as Oracle, Csharp.net, Lawson, etc.
Preferred Skills: (nice to haves):
- Functional language experience such as Erlang
- Networking knowledge
- Experience with network security devices (Firewalls, Load balancers)
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to communicate about technical topics
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting experience
- Team oriented
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.