- Software Developer
- Full Time
- MacDill AFB, 33608
- > 40 hours/week
- Program Manager
- Commensurate with experience, scope of work and location
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to support this government contract.
- Must possess and maintain a current DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
The software developer will be working in an agile environment working closely with the customer to provide solutions for integrating existing commercial and government software to support the Special Operations Forces. The individual will maintain customer requirements, assist in the development of user stories, and implement solutions in a test-driven software development paradigm. Willingness to embrace new and unfamiliar technologies is a must. Understanding big data concepts and analytics will be keys to success for this position.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, peer reviews, debugging, testing, build processes, and source control management.
- Implement Machine Learning for tagging and normalization of unstructured data.
- Assisting with the visualization of geospatial data with commercial GIS solutions.
- Relational Database Design (RDD) & Development
- Web Services Development (WSDL, SOAP, REST)
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS:
- S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in design and implementation of web and/or desktop applications.
- 3+ years’ experience in computer programming (preferably Java or C#).
- Experience with IBM DB2
- Experience with IBM Watson Explorer Foundation & Analytical Components SDK
- Must be motivated, self-driven team player who can interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on software development related issues.
- Candidate must have good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and possess good English communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must possess a DoD Top Secret security clearance and be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Will be required to undergo and pass applicable background checks.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Portal Server 8.x
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server & Administration
- Experience with JSR 168/286 Portlets & Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP)
- Experience with J2EE Web Services (SOAP, REST), Servlets, JSP, JSF, JPI, EL, JSTL, EJB, MDB, XML, XSD, JDBC
- Experience with IBM Forms Experience Builder (FEB)
- Experience with IBM Watson Explorer (WEX): Application Builder, Admin, and Results Module
- Experience with ArcGIS Geospatial Web Services
- Experience with Apache Tomcat
- Experience with the following development IDEs: Eclipse, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD), or Portlet Factory
- Scripting: Python, Apache Ant
- Certifications: MCAD, MCSD, MTA, Security+, Oracle Certified (Associate, Professional, Expert, or Master) in Java
Applicants for U.S. based positions with MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify - E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
MILVETS offers an excellent benefits package including Health Insu
rance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MILVETS Systems Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days