The NATO AGS program requires an engineer that is responsible for the deployment labs for ground station software and hardware. This position reports to the ground segment production support IPT. The candidate responsibilities include participating in the design, implementation and maintenance of VMware Virtual Server, Windows Server, Active Directory and Linux Servers. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the lab environments and life cycle management of a lab, from recommending, installation and maintenance of new hardware and software solutions. Selected individual will also be involved with the stand up, repair and/or replacement of components, will coordinate and participate in software loads, provide status on condition of the systems will have responsibilities to maintain configuration control and will support ground segment production build schedule.
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM)
Must have experience with one or more of the following:
- Installing, managing, and troubleshooting servers, routers, switches, and other network related software and hardware.
- VMware ESX, Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
- Coordinating and participating in software teams and providing status on condition of the systems.
- Active Directory, network security, data storage, Java, GPO, DHCP, scripting languages, web-services, and Java Application Servers, network protocols, VMware, virtualization software.
Must have ability to travel for 1-4 weeks duration at a time.
Department of Defense Secret clearance or higher
Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Windows Server, Windows Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems and UNIX Operating Systems
- Databases, Solaris, Clustering, and Samba
- Operation and integration of networking hardware, software, switches/routers, DHCP, firewalls and related protocols
- Project management and engineering planning experience
- Security+ training is a plus
- Ability to perform general system maintenance and knowledge of software design, development, integration, logging and installation.