System Infrastructure Engineer (SIE)
The NATO AGS program requires an engineer that is responsible for the deployment labs for ground station software and hardware. This position reports to the ground segment production support IPT. The candidate responsibilities include participating in the design, implementation and maintenance of VMware Virtual Server, Windows Server, Active Directory and Linux Servers. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the lab environments and life cycle management of a lab, from recommending, installation and maintenance of new hardware and software solutions. Selected individual will also be involved with the stand up, repair and/or replacement of components, will coordinate and participate in software loads, provide status on condition of the systems will have responsibilities to maintain configuration control and will support ground segment production build schedule.
- Bachelor'sdegree in (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) STEM plus a minimum of 3 years' experience.
- Must have experience with installing, managing, and troubleshooting servers, routers, switches, and other network related software and hardware.
- Must have experience with VMware ESX, Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
- Must have experience coordinating and participating in software teams and providing status on condition of the systems.
- Demonstrated experience with at least three or more of the following technologies is a must: Active Directory, network security, data storage, Java, GPO, DHCP, scripting languages, web-services, and Java Application Servers, network protocols, VMware, virtualization software.
Must have ability to travel for 1-4 weeks duration at a time. Secret clearance is required to start.
Experience with any of the following a plus:
Windows Server, Windows Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems and UNIX Operating Systems
Databases, Solaris, Clustering, and Samba
Operation and integration of networking hardware, software, switches/routers, DHCP, firewalls and related protocols
Project management and engineering planning experience
Security+ training is a plus
Ability to perform general system maintenance and knowledge of software design, development, integration, logging and installation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.