- Effectively lead and manage a team of developers/analysts in the requirements, design, development, test, and deployment of high-volume digital content authoring and management platform.
- Engage and manage globally distributed teams, and provide hands-on management, mentoring, and coaching of resources and drive annual goals.
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives needed to meet system transformation goals including but not limited to the re-host, re-invention and buy vs. build decisions required
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to analysts and software developers and effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate software solution expectations to internal customers, team members and other stakeholders.
- Propose, lead and implement scalable, sustainable and cost-effective solutions meeting internal and external customers' objectives.
- Engage with senior management, peers and internal customers to plan and prioritize projects and resource allocation.
- Proactively communicate statuses, issues and escalations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Work with external vendors to source, negotiate and manage contract resources and solution services.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or Information Systems and proven technical background, excellent technical, management, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to deliver simple and elegant software solutions, digital content centric products, utilizing Agile development processes. Ability to lead teams of software developers and analysts, internal customers, infrastructure and operations teams and vendors to drive results.
- At least 1-3 years of management plus at least 8 years of experience with building and operating high-volume content management and authoring applications.
- Proven experience in application analysis, application architecture and development. · Strong understanding of web, desktop application and database concepts
- Expertise in Microsoft .Net, SharePoint, C#, TFS, JS, Search Engines (solr, elastic search, FAST) and SQL Server
- Demonstrated ability to articulate requirements, design, development, integration, test plans, migration/cutover plans and ongoing documentation of processes and change modifications
- Ability to remain agile and adjust priorities based on workload, management directives and customer demands.
- Flexible management style; ability to quickly adapt to changing work environments and be hands-on as needed.
- Proven ability to build customer, business and peer relationships and manage business needs and expectations.
- Experience in developing content authoring and content management systems or products is highly desirable.
- Experience in cloud-based environment is desired. AWS experience or familiarity is a big plus.
- Experience in Budgeting and Forecasting a big plus.
- Systems architecture and development experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to audiences at all levels. Ability to exercise executive-friendly communication skills