This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Are you ready to join a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems? Are you interested in working on products and systems that provide solutions for global security? Are you looking to join a
team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Software Engineer 2 or 3 to join our team in Beavercreek, Ohio. Northrop Grumman's Software Engineers work in teams to design, develop, document, test, debug, and deploy
applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. As a key member of the team working in a fast-paced environment, you will become part of Northrop Grumman's AVIPSS Program where we encourage innovation and forward thinking and expect our developers to take a high level of ownership through the software life cycle. You will work in a people-focused environment where you will interact with users, customers, and other developers working on Department of Defense (DoD) systems. You will participate in the entire software development lifecycle with a concentration in software development of web based applications using multiple high-level programming languages (e.g., Java) and technologies (e.g. Angular, web services). The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Department
of Defense (DoD) Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development
specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support.
- Responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization, and documentation of software applications in multitier,
browser-based, enterprise environments.
- Perform unit testing to verify the quality of code produced.
- Collaborate with other developers and product analysts effectively.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either a level2 or a level 3.
BQs for a Software Engineer2 are
Minimum 2 Years experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM degree 0 Years with Masters.
BQs for a Software Engineer 3 are:
Minimum5 Years experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM degree.2 Years with Masters
- Relevant professional software development experience.
- Experience with developing software applications in Java.
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL)/Database Concepts.
- Familiarity with objected oriented software development concepts.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Department of Defense (DoD) Security clearance.
- Experience developing and/or using web services.
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g., Angular, jQueryUI).
- Experience developing secure web applications (e.g., HTTPS, PKI).
- Experience with web application deployment (e.g., Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat).
- Experience with Eclipse (or similar IDE).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.