IDEMIA is the global leader in trusted identities and committed to staying on top of the disruptive innovations that impact our industry. We are a diverse group of people made up of 14,000 employees from 80 nationalities speaking 32 languages. Our clients in finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, commercial, government, and IOT sectors use our products and services. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations – streamlining and securing identities so people can travel, pay, live, and play without hassle or worry.
IDEMIA is looking for talented backend Java software engineers to join our core services team. In this role, you will design and build secure services as part of a biometric-based enrollment ecosystem.
- Work in an agile/lean environment
- Design, implement, document, test, and support highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, core platform components, e.g., RESTful web services
- Refactor and migrate existing applications to a cloud-based architecture
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Assist in development of standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Mentor and help other team members
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- US Citizenship is required
- Must pass a State or Federal background check
- 5+ years of experience in a Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or other technical/analytical field
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and continuous learning mindset
- Competence with Java programming language, Linux, SQL, and object-oriented concepts are required
- Experience with Spring, JPA, Hibernate, MQ, and Domain Driven Design is a plus
- Experience with RESTful web services is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience with mentoring others
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions, and Physical Demands:
- Minimal travel is required to acquire new skills and gain deeper knowledge of existing or new technologies. In addition to attending training and conferences, minimal travel may be required to facilitate team building engagements.
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Competitive base salary, full benefits, 401k match, flexible working hours, casual attire, possible telecommute, relocation assistance available.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.