Position: Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA (Belltown, WA)
Type: Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer who will be playing an important role, working closely with a team of engineers in developing our software infrastructure. In summary this position: Designs, implements, and tests software related to our website, services, and monetization.
The Software Engineer will:
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
- Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company’s coding standards and guidelines
- Be responsible for testing their own code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance
- Keep track of bugs in their code, and fixes bugs in a timely manner
- Manage programming tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager
- Put comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components
- Recommend changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stay up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and performance tune software code.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science.
- 4+ years of experience coding in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of general programming methodologies, processes and best practices.
- Requires knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Experience with .NET and C#.
- Understanding of industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of related software and platforms.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Solid knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Able to effectively convey technical aspects to Senior Leadership and other members of the software team.