SOFTWARE ENGINEER: Mid-Senior Levels
GBL Systems is a leading system engineering and software development firm located in Camarillo, CA, with a 25-year history of developing tomorrow’s Electronic Warfare capability today. GBL specializes in the areas of Systems and Software Engineering, Electronic Warfare, Network Centric Warfare, Modeling/ Simulation and Avionics Development.
GBL has current Software Engineering opportunities available at the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) Point Mugu, CA. Work location is at GBL office in Camarillo, CA or Pt Mugu, CA depending on position.
As part of a dynamic team, GBL Engineers contribute to all aspects of the software development process, which includes requirements definition, design, development, test and evaluation, acquisition, and in-service support to various US and Foreign Military customers. Qualified candidates should have working level understanding of the software development, uni9t testing, peer reviews and configuration management. Successful applicants should have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively in an embedded government/contractor team environment. Qualified candidates must be self-starters with the ability to work independently without close supervision. Applicants should exhibit excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills. Ideal candidates will be expected to mentor less experienced engineers and influence the structure of an established dynamic team.
- Software Engineer 1:Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics from an accredited university, plus 0-2 years of experience in software development and test.
- Software Engineer 2: Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics from an accredited university, plus 3-5 years of experience in software development and test.
- Software Engineer 3: Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics from an accredited university, plus 8 years of experience in software development and test, leading small development teams in a technical capacity, or 3 years of experience with a Master’s degree.
- Ability to design and develop a software product starting only with customer provided requirements
- Some project management skills required
- Strong OOP/OOD skills
- Software development utilizing Java and C++ programming languages
- Qualified applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Current active SECRET clearance is required to start. Must be able to obtain and maintain special access program (SAP) level.
Additional Qualifications considered a Plus:
- Experience with the following tools or technology is desired: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office Suite
- Experience with any of the following tools: Agile, Scrum, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent-Agents, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Drools, Linux.
- Additional knowledge and skills include experience with Real-time Software Systems and development, UML modeling, scripting languages (i.e. Java script, Perl, PHP, Bash) and software version control.
- Additional desired experience with real-time embedded software, and hardware-in-the-loop implementations
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with both Traditional and Roth options and generous corporate contributing
- Group medical insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D coverage
- Paid holiday and Paid Time Off and a business casual work environment
GBL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.comHelp.