At Performance we are looking for passionate Software Engineers to design, develop and install software solutions for state of the art safety critical systems, especially in the areas of avionics and medical instruments. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing embedded software. Prior experience with embedded software is highly desirable but not an absolute requirement. Responsibilities include:
- Execute full lifecycle software development, including developing systems requirements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Determine operational feasibility and produce specifications
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans, skilled in automated systems testing
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Depending on position level, strong Object Oriented Language (C++, C#, Python, etc.) and software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Full lifecycle software development; Embedded software experience is desired but not required
- Knowledge of DO-178 Development Standard is a strong plus
- Highly motivated and a self-starting attitude
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Systems Engineering or similar software development curriculum
Why work with those of us at Performance Software? Why change jobs or begin your career with us?
Your success. How, you might ask? … By providing a company culture dedicated to a sensible work/life balance by hiring carefully selected team players with whom you will work; by encouraging each other to produce the best embedded software for safety critical (Avionics & Medical Instruments) systems in the country; by having “raving fans” (customers who come back to us regularly because we get it done right and on time).
We’re a medium-sized company that’s growing rapidly, but which maintains that small company feel. At Performance, you’re not just a name & face or locked onto a fixed team maintaining legacy systems; instead, you’ll be working on a wide variety of projects using the full gamut of advanced software development technologies.
We provide what great talent wants and deserves!
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
Our team members receive competitive salaries plus a contribution, every paycheck, to an individual SEP-IRA equal to 12% of salary. And, our team members are provided health/dental insurance coverage + STD and LTD coverage, paid sick/illness time off, vacation days, holidays, and other benefits.
Performance Inc. is engaged in the design of Real-time Embedded Software. This includes avionics and healthcare applications such as CT Scanner, Synthetic Vision Cockpit Displays, Flight Management System Guidance and Navigation, Platforms (I/O, BITE, Driver, Boot, BSP, DSP, A/D, Dataloader), and Datalink Applications (FANS, VDL Mode 2, ATN, CPDLC). Our customers are both Commercial and Defense related healthcare and avionics manufacturers.
We have locations in Phoenix, AZ, New Orleans, LA, Grand Rapids, MI, Clearwater, FL, Bothell, WA, and Cedar Rapids, IA. We have been in business since 1998 and have been awarded INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies and Best Places to Work in Arizona multiple years.
To learn more about us:www.psware.com
Performance Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires candidates to be U.S. persons (a U.S. citizen, a U.S. Permanent Residency (I-551), status as a Political Asylee, or status as a Refugee).