RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Software Engineer in Columbus, Ohio (OH).
Can you picture yourself working for one of -America's Ideal Employers-? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Expert in Java J2EE and design technique as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems/infrastructure for large-scale programs (e.g., Expert Engineers) starting to be firm-wide resources working on projects across the client
- May be recognized as a leader in Agile and cultivating teams working in Agile frameworks
- Sought out as coach for at least one technical skill
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
- Is multi-skilled with expertise across software development lifecycle and toolset
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Stays abreast of cutting edge technologies/trends and uses experience to influence application of those technologies/trends to support the business; may give speeches and outside the firm, writes articles
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.