The Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the work product of the agile team, solving technical problems within a project under the supervision of a Technical Development Lead or Senior Software Engineer for the project and helping to ensure that your work product is of high quality and adheres to the defined architecture best practices of the company. The Software Engineer will take direction from the Technology Development Lead for the project and partner closely with enterprise architects and other team members to ensure that you understand and have internalized the high-level design of the proposed solution. The Software Engineer will then execute work with speed and quality. The Software Engineer will support the team to timely resolve complex issues to help maximize the productivity of the team. The Software Engineer will surface and help resolve any issues that stand in the way of continuous productivity. The Software Engineer will partner with team members (Technology Development Lead, Senior Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners) on the team to help to ensure that the deliverables meet the customer and business objectives of a given project. The Software Engineer will also serve as a source of information on an agile development team, participating with team members to ensure high functioning development processes.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Contribute valuable work product to the best of your abilities as a software engineer on an agile development team, solving complex and challenging technical problems under the supervision of a technical development lead or senior software engineer.
· Serve as an engineering resource on the agile development team.
· Partner with team members and enterprise architects to understand and help to process through high-level architecture of a solution as defined by the architect(s), as well as epics and user stories, translating them into actionable items for yourself and other members of the agile team.
· Work closely with the product owner and/or business liaison on the team to understand all functional requirements and help to ensure that the work product of the team meets the customer and business objectives of the project.
· Help to ensure quality, velocity, and adherence to architectural designs and the software engineering standards of the company. This is to include documentation of design, development, integration/Test and deployment activities.
· Resolve technical issues on a timely basis to help ensure the continuous productivity of the team.
· Surface any other issues on the project that impede the progress of the team – solving those issues that are within your control and driving other team members (such as the program manager, product owner, enterprise architect or QA lead) to solve issues before they impede the progress of the software engineers.
· Coordinate with other David’s Bridal agile development teams and/or external technology providers to ensure the delivery of their work product meets the functional and quality requirements we have defined.
· Help ensure adherence to best software engineering practices, such as code reviews and the development of unit tests.
· Serve as a member of the agile development team – together with the technical development lead, senior software engineer, program manager, QA lead, architect and product owner – helping to ensure a high functioning and cohesive team. You will foster an environment of mutual respect, accountability and excellence, and you will work with other team members to resolve conflicts within the team in a speedy, productive and professional manner.
· Participate in level of effort estimation processes and leveraging your software engineering experience to provide actionable input.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
· By identifying and removing impediments to work progress, enable remote software engineers (who may be working on the other side of the globe) to be fully and continuously productive
· Contribute to the evolution of best software engineering practices at David’s Bridal, and to your own professional growth