Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Software Engineer:
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support for Meridian Health Plan’s business application software solutions. This position participates in all facets of the Software Development Life Cycle and is responsible for adhering to the guidelines of the Software Development Life Cycle process.Responsibilities
- Review, analyze, construct, and modify business application systems including coding, testing, debugging, and deployment
- Understand business and technical requirements; develop, document, and implement solution designs
- Work with other developers, architects, engineers, database administrators, business analysts, QA and delivery leads in project delivery and solving technical issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed functional, technical, and performance requirements
- Follow and enhance established design, development, source code management, and deployment processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Take on ownership of the projects and tasks assigned
- Provide on-call support and duties
- Consistently meet task deadlines while maintaining high quality of deliverables
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area is required or 3 to 5 years related work experience
- 1 to 3 years professional application development experience or Recent or soon-to-be College Graduate
- Understanding of object oriented or service oriented architecture design principles
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Understanding of relational databases
- 2+ years in developing enterprise or high performance applications
- Experience in web based UI or API architectures is a plus
- Understanding of one or more of the following; general best practices, software development life cycle, code reviews, source control management, and unit testing
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER