TCI has an immediate need for an Software Engineer 3 in Herndon, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the probability of extension. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret/SCI Poly Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- This position will be responsible for developing Image and Video Processing Software for a variety of Geospatial Intelligence Applications.
- A strong background in how to balance the use of 3rd party frameworks with custom source code will be required to assist in bringing to life, cutting edge image science solutions to enterprise systems for processing and analysis
- 10+ years of related experience in software development; or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- TS/SCI Clearance.
- Fluent in Object Oriented C++
- Cross Platform Development experience (Linux, Solaris, Windows, etc.
- Experience with multi-threaded development.
- Exposure to Image Science / Image Chain Analysis.
- Familiar with Agile SCRUM.
- Experience with High Performance Computing environments.
- Software experience in C, JAVA, Python.
- Ability to work with MatLab or IDL source code.
- Experience with PERL scripting or other scripting language.
- Knowledge of 3D mathematics.
- These teams are developing the next-generation ground processing software in an Amazon cloud environment.
- The software will provide high data volume, high speed image processing needed to quickly produce a suite of imagery products.
- The image processing application will be written using C++ on a Linux OS.
- The development and testing environment will leverage Git for source code management, JIRA for agile/scrum team management, and Jenkins for automated builds and software testing.