Software Engineer, Advanced
The Connectivity team within the Enterprise Mobility and Visibility organization delivers seamless voice and data network connectivity and other key technology solutions to enterprise customers to enable mission critical business applications. We are seeking a WLAN Software Development Engineer for the NY development team to play an important role in developing our next generation WLAN solution that extends our value proposition to meet our customers' current and future needs. Analyzes, develops, designs, and maintains software for the organization’s products and systems. Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of driver, supplicant, and application layer software as a key member of our Holtsville, NY Wireless LAN and Bluetooth development team. Ideal candidate will have a strong embedded design background and architecture experience. Candidate should also have experience with Android operating systems programming in C/C++/java languages.
Specific responsibilities include:
- WLAN device driver design and development skills
- Proficient in debugging and implementing Linux device drivers.
- Working knowledge of development and debugging tools on Android OS, including Klockworks.
- Experience with network protocol stack design and Android networking software components.
- Experience with bus interfaces (PCIe, USB, SDIO, etc.)
- Solid understanding of WiFi 802.11 principles and functionality. Must be able to speak to topics including Wi-Fi roaming logic, security protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.
- Should very capable in handling Wireshark and omni peek wireless sniffer tools to capture wireless packets and analyze the network and device problems.
- Establishes requirements for highly complex software design projects and may lead a team responsible for establishing requirements. Insure correct features are incorporated first in the projects. Insures correct features are incorporated first in the projects.
- Architects and designs highly complex software projects. Completes all phases of the projects. Follows through on all in-process and final inspection activities.
- Drives code review of projects. Develops and applies technical and quality improvements.
- Creates new programs, technologies and solutions based on novel or unique ideas. Insures new ideas and methodologies are documented for use by software teams.
- Uses status as a knowledge leader in software design and functional knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and program management to provide technical leadership to a given program.
- Defines requirements for and may design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex problems.
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines.
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- May coordinate the activities of other personnel.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership
- U.S. Only:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's or Masters degree in an appropriate engineering discipline required.
- Preferred Work Experience (years): Bachelors degree and 5+ years experience or Masters degree and 3+ years of engineering experience.