• We are currently recruiting for the position of Software Engineer Associate, with primary responsibilities defined as: Develops software using C++ in the context of a self-organizing cross-functional Scrum team
• Collaborates continuously with team members and others
• Practices (acceptance) test-driven development
• Develops scripts including Bash, Batch, and Python supporting the development tooling and environment
• Contributes to the various levels of feedback to improve the code, product, team, processes, and organization Continually learns and improves based on focused feedback
• Possibly travels for off-site software integration, training, testing, and flight trials Contributes to user documentation This position emphasizes integrity, problem solving, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
• Strong skill set and knowledge in Object-Oriented software development in C++
• 3 year minimum of work experience where coding was their primary job function.
• 3 years minimum work experience software development on Linux and Windows
• Work experience demonstrating Able to excel in a cross-function team, where there is an emphasis on problem-solving, collaboration, learning, and building robust software -
• Training or equivalent experience in software development principles equivalent to a computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering Bachelor’s degree.
• Desire for continuous learning and self-improvement.
• Desire to advance as a software craftsman.
• Good understanding of C++ programming syntax.
• Ability to apply fundamental Object-Oriented concepts.
• Ability to follow and contribute to disciplined coding standards and practices.
• Familiarity with software development in a Linux environment.
• Familiarity with software development in a Windows environment.
• Familiarity with scripting languages (Perl, Unix Shell, Python, etc).
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excels working in a collaborative agile team environment.
• Passionate about the unmanned/drone sector.
• Ability to qualify for a United States DoD security clearance.
1. Familiarity with test-driven development practices.
2. Familiarity working in an Agile software development environment.
3. Experience with software design principles for clean architecture.
4. Experience with designing user interfaces.
5. Experience with computer vision.
6. Experience with programming in various languages and platforms.
7. Familiarity developing software using Qt. Typical Minimums Bachelors degree from an accredited college in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level