Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Developer (Engineer) will be a member of a team integrating and providing sustainment of an Integrated Bridge Suite on board the US Navy's fleet of Combatant Craft (CC) vessels. Combatant Craft vessels provide the US Special Operations Command (SOC) with armed, near shore delivery of Special Operations Forces (SOF) and amphibious assault capability.
The Software Developer (Engineer) will:
* Assist in designing, modifying, developing, writing, and implementing multiple programming languages including JAVA, C++, and Python
* Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software
* Provide inputs for documentation of new or existing programs
* Leverage experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Participate in complex programming assignments in collaboration with both junior and senior engineers
* Participate in software lifecycle support to include requirements analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing, as well as integration and testing
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum two (2) years' hands-on C++ object-oriented software development in Windows and Linux environments
* Experience in the use of STL and/or Boost for C++ development
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience developing client-server implementations is a plus
* Familiar with the use of middleware in distributed applications
* Demonstrable Object Oriented (OO) design skills and use of design patterns
* Ability to work in a team environment and follow software engineering practices
* Strong analytical skills
* Familiarity with Software Engineering Life Cycle Models
* Experience with IntelliJ, Eclipse and SVN
* Scripting experience working with Python
* Experience with digital signal processing (advanced coursework and/or work experience)
* Experience working with software-defined radio (SDR) development (examples: GnuRadio, REDHAWK, OSSIE)
* Experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar discipline
* Masters of Science preferred
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled