RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Engineer II in St. Cloud, Minnesota (MN).
The primary focus will be coding and maintaining production queries in ECL (which is open source) as part of a team of 12 developers. The team primarily works on scoring and analytic type products, where the developer searches huge databases and summarizes results for customer consumption. Database knowledge is very helpful. These queries are written for both batch and XML use cases.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write ECL code as part of new product development / bug fixes and maintenance
- Work as part of a development team to coordinate product development and determine project scope and limitations
- Review project requests describing product needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project
- Work with QA to analyze results and explain what they mean
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
- 2-5 years of experience required
- Ability to exercise moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisor
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business / systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery (Required)
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc. (Required)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.