Senior Software Engineer
*Candidates may sit in either Troy, MI-48083 or Alpharetta, GA-30022
This position is accountable for technical leadership for large scale/high complexity Customer project orders, they may span over multiple years, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. This includes serving as the lead software project engineer during initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of customer projects/programs.
Individuals in this position confirm customer requirements, which includes software system development requirements, software and hardware specifications, bill of material alignment with specifications & clarify exceptions.
1. Assists project management as lead software project engineer in developing and/or finalizing technical elements of the project's statement of work with the customer. Maintains role as lead project engineer and technical contact for customer for balance of project order. (Project Initiation)
2. Assists project management as lead software project engineer in developing a project schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan to ensure expectations are being met internally and externally. (Project Planning)
3. Assists system architect in system design effort of the customer's project order and serves as lead software project engineer to project technical team. (Project Execution)
4. Monitor and control the performance of the customer's project through its lifecycle. Key activities include: task completion verification, project team monitoring, managing project updates across team members, schedule reporting, issue resolution, contract administration, and risk management. (Monitor and Control Project Work)
5. Lead the closeout of the project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer, and coordination with support services such as field services, after-shipment support, and training functions. Validate project performance against target profitability. (Project Close)
6. Provides technical guidance to technical team members.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and 5+ years of industry experience.
Software engineer responsible for development of industrial automation, information and facilities monitoring solutions involving the following software:
Required (Significant Experience with One of the following):
WonderWare System Platform / In Touch
Other significant experience with another SCADA and/or MES software package
Microsoft SQL Server
C# or other .NET language
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Other programming languages and web interface software development experience is desired but not required.
Candidate should be able develop, install and commission custom systems (hardware and software). Position involves domestic and international travel. Travel requirement is 20 - 50%. Candidates expected to be able to handle high pressure situations on customer sites. Candidate should be able to think on their feet and offer creative solutions to unexpected site challenges. Candidate should be able to handle interactions with both Government and Private Sector customers.