We are seeking new additions to our Software Engineering Team as we enter a new phase of our technological future in industrial manufacturing. Always innovating, our Software Engineering team members support our legacy products and existing software, develop new software solutions, and work towards our planned migration to cloud-based applications.
Our goal is to foster a creative, solutions-focused Software Engineering function through collaborative teams who are diverse in skills, years of experience, specialties, and industries in an open office environment. This is not for everyone, but if you are more effective on a team then on your own, if you see a diverse group as a learning opportunity and if you want ongoing opportunities to flex between hardware, software and cloud-based projects supporting several functional areas, then Hypertherm's Software Engineering Team may be the place for you!
Other important Hypertherm facts:
- We also are not just employees: we are owners, Hypertherm is 100% associate-owned.
- We offer a competitive total rewards compensation plan. Including stock ownership and profit-sharing.
- We provide job security with a 50-year record no-layoff philosophy.
We are looking for Software Developers who:
- Have a deep background and interest in Computer Science with a Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Enjoy working with other people in engineering and non-engineering fields to understand and resolve problems
- Are developers of applications that manage, process, and analyze data
- Are experienced in the development of customer-facing user interface applications
- Use techniques like pair programming, Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development (TDD, BDD) to develop high quality, valuable software
- Are excited to learn and embrace emerging technologies and languages while maintaining existing products.
Open to considering Software Developers with any combination of these skills:
- Experience with cloud-based or cloud-enabled applications - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Testing frameworks (RSpec, Cucumber, n/j/xUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest)
- Web Design (HTML, CSS)
- Mobile Development and Testing
- IoT Platforms/Tools (MQTT, Websockets, analytics, JSON/XML APIs)
- Revision Control (Git)
- Embedded Software (C, C++)
- CI, Build Automation Tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo, TeamCity, VSTS)
- Serverless applications
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, Amazon Web Services, Heroku, Google Cloud)
- Experience designing applications for real-time operating systems or Windows 10
- Real-time design experience related to multi-axis coordinated motion trajectory planning or control
- Applied mathematics and kinematics of multi-axis motion control or robotics systems
- Industrial networks (EtherCAT, SERCOS, CAN)
- Office networks (LAN, WLAN)
- CNC or PLC design and programming
- PC hardware platforms
- Experience designing or building applications that use databases
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire (relocation assistance is available)
At Hypertherm, we give shape to our customers' vision with the world's leading industrial cutting solutions. With 50 years of experience and close to 500 global patents, Hypertherm dedicates more resources to industrial cutting research, development, and testing than any other manufacturer in the world. We have always taken a leadership role, and innovation remains a cornerstone of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Health Care On Site
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision